Now that Labor Day has passed, we can somewhat reluctantly welcome the start of fall. The trees around Newport are already showing hints of their colorful autumnal hues, which means now is the perfect time to plan a getaway to our romantic Inn. As the air begins to cool, we’ll soon be surrounded by fall’s hallmark hues of crimson, orange, yellow, and green. You won’t have to go far to see the finest fall foliage the Rhode Island has to offer, as Mother Nature unfolds her annual show of color starting in the north, and creeping further south throughout the season. We have a few great ideas to make this fall foliage season one you’ll never forget. But first, you need to book your room at our luxury Newport Bed and Breakfast. Rooms will fill up fast during peak fall foliage season, so don’t wait!
Viewing the Best Fall Foliage in Newport
Newport is more known for its water views, but seeing peak fall foliage in this incredible setting can be a truly breathtaking experience. The peak season typically stretches from mid-September through late October, but can vary depending on the weather. The best way to get those panoramic fall views is to take a hike or a scenic drive, but it’s certainly not your only option to enjoy the magic of fall. There are a full range of fall-themed activities to enjoy in Newport, and we’ve highlighted a few of our favorites for you to enjoy while taking in fall’s colorful show.
- Enjoy fall in the gardens at the Newport Mansions. The lawns, gardens, and arboretum at Blithewold are exceptionally beautiful during the fall.
- Take a scenic Drive along Newport’s famous Ocean Drive.
- Enjoy views of Newport’s famous mansions and their manicured gardens along Newport’s Cliffwalk.
- Go apple picking at local orchards, such as Old Stone Orchard, Rocky Brook Orchard, and Sweet Berry Farm.
- Enjoy fall vistas from the water, and set sail aboard Classic Cruises of Newport’s 72-foot schooner Madeleine, which offers a sunset sail around Newport Harbor and Narragansett Bay.
- Enjoy fall birding opportunities at Norman Bird Sanctuary. Come dusk, look for snowy owls to make their appearances.
- Visit Fort Adams State Park, a historic park on Newport harbor that offers exceptional views of Narragansett Bay.
- Head to Beavertail State Park, and take a tour of the Lighthouse.
- Enjoy a glass of wine at Newport Vineyards. Their property connects with the Aquidneck Land Trust’s Sakonnet Greenway Trail, which is a great place to enjoy some fall foliage.
We’ve already begun celebrating fall at the Cliffside Inn, and there are delicious fall treats coming out of our kitchen as well. Beyond relishing the gorgeous hues of fall, there’s plenty to do in the Newport area. Book your stay with us today, and start planning your fall getaway.