Newport, Rhode Island is truly a four season destination, with plenty to see and do no matter the time of year. In light of Newport’s popularity, many of the town’s most popular summer events require a little advanced planning to ensure you have both tickets and a place to stay. To that end, we’ve put together a guide to some of the top reasons to visit Newport this summer, in hopes of helping you make the most of your time in our charming and historic city. There are no finer accommodations in Newport than the Cliffside Inn Bed and Breakfast. Book your room today, and get started planning for these top summer events today.
Newport’s Top Summer Events
It’s not hard to find inspiration to visit the town of Newport, Rhode Island. Between the unparalleled views of the bay, our luxurious accommodations, and a range of exciting events and attractions, our seaside city has a lot going for it. As with most great destinations around the country, Newport has a full calendar of summer events, many of which bring repeat guests to our town year after year. We’ve compiled a list of the best reasons to visit Newport this summer. Make sure to mark your calendars, and get started on those vacation plans today!
- The historic sport of Polo is alive and well in Newport, and celebrated each summer during the Newport International Polo Series. The series features teams from around the world competing against USA / Newport, and always promises action-packed polo matches. The series runs from June – September, with matches every Saturday evening at 5:00 P.M. (4:00 in September). The kickoff match will take place on June 2, 2018
- Back for what promises to be an inspiring 50th Anniversary Season, the Newport Music Festival is one of the premiere events in Newport each summer. The Festival will take place from July 4 – 22, 2018, and will feature performances by more than 40 beloved festival artists, Grammy winners, classical music legends, and upcoming international stars. Get your tickets to this incredible season today.
- The Newport Jazz Festival, which takes place from August 3 – 5, 2018, is entering into its 54th year of entertaining crowds in Newport. It was the first Jazz Festival in America, and has hosted a variety of iconic Jazz artists. The 3-day festival takes place on four unique stages at Fort Adams State Park and the Newport Casino at the International Tennis Hall of Fame.
- Fall in love with your next boat at the Newport International Boat Show, held from September 13 – 16, 2018. Here, you’ll find a variety of new powerboats and sailboats on display, in addition to special events, seminars, and in-water boating courses for the whole family.
- The Newport Mansions Food and Wine Festival will take place September 20 – 23, 2018. This event is an incredible way to experience the best of life in Newport. Festival highlights include a Grand Tasting with hundreds of wines at Marble House, celebrity chef appearances and cooking demonstrations, educational seminars with food and wine experts, the Wine & Rosecliff Gala, the Bordeaux Dinner at The Elms, a Sunday Jazz Brunch, and the Newport After Dark party. Get your tickets for these great events early!
These fantastic summer are just a small part of the fun to be had in Newport throughout the summer of 2018. There are so many other wonderful attractions in the area, including plenty of hiking, boating, historic attractions such as the Newport Mansions, a thriving arts & culture scene, beautiful state and local parks, and so much more. However you choose to spend your time in Newport, we’re here to help. But first, start making those plans for these popular summer events now. Make your reservations at the elegant Cliffside Inn Bed and Breakfast today!