Newport is truly a four season destination, with plenty to see and do no matter the time of year. Dating back to America’s Gilded Age, Newport has long been a popular vacation destination. In light of Newport’s popularity, many of the town’s most popular events require a little advanced planning to ensure you have both tickets and a place to stay. To that end, we’ve put together a guide to some of the top reasons to visit Newport in 2018, in hopes of helping you make the most of your time in our charming and historic City by the Sea. There are no finer accommodations in Newport than the Cliffside Inn Bed and Breakfast, currently ranked Newport’s #1 Bed and Breakfast on TripAdvisor. Book your room today, and make 2018 a year to remember.
Top Events in Newport in 2018
It’s not hard to find inspiration to visit the town of Newport. Between the unparalleled ocean views, luxurious accommodations and exciting events and attractions, our seaside city has a lot going for it. As with most great destinations around the world, Newport has a full calendar of events, many of which bring repeat guests to our town year after year. We’ve compiled a list of the best reasons to visit Newport in 2018. Make sure to mark your calendars!
- Newport Winter Festival, February 16 – 25, 2018
- Newport Daffodil Days, April 14 – 22, 2018
- Volvo Ocean Race in Newport, considered to be the world’s premier offshore sailing race, May 8 – 20, 2018
- Newport Waterfront Oyster Festival, May 18 -20, 2018
- Newport’s International Polo Series kicks off on June 2, and continues every weekend through September.
- The Newport Flower Show, June 22 – 24, 2018
- Newport Music Festival, July 4 – 22, 2018
- Dell Technologies Hall of Fame Open, July 15 – 22, 2018
- Newport Jazz Festival, August 3 – 5, 2018
- Newport International Boat Show, September 13 – 16, 2018
- Newport Mansions Wine & Food Festival, September 20-23, 2018
These fantastic events are just a small part of the fun to be had in Newport in 2018. There are so many other wonderful attractions in the area, including the Newport Art Museum, the Cliff Walk, the stunning Newport Mansions, regional wineries, lighthouses, state and local parks, and so much more. However you choose to spend your time in Newport, we’re here to help. But first, start making those plans for these popular Newport events, and make your reservations at the elegant Cliffside Inn Bed and Breakfast today!