Winter is coming! As the days get shorter, it is time to start planning for the holiday season, which will soon be upon us. The holidays are truly one of our favorite times of year, as Christmas in Newport is nothing short of magical. And we are not the only ones who think so. Newport was named one of the 10 Best American Beach Towns for Christmas by Coastal Living Magazine. It is an experience that really must be enjoyed at least once in your lifetime. Once you have seen it, however, you will want to keep coming back to this charming City by the Sea. We encourage you to plan well ahead, and to book a room at the elegant Cliffside Inn. Come celebrate the holiday season in style with us.
Decorating for the Season
When it comes to holiday decorating, few places in Newport are as spectacular as the Cliffside Inn. The day after Thanksgiving, we begin decking the halls. 100 stunning poinsettias are purchased and placed around the Inn. Next, we head to local Sweet Berry Farm, where we carefully select and cut down our tree. The tree is decorated with our beloved collection of ornaments, including some from our guests. Around the Inn you’ll discover Nancy’s incredible collection of Créches. She currently has 20-25 of these incredible displays, brought home from her world travels. In addition, the grounds of the Cliffside Inn are decorated in for the season. In fact, in the past, we have been honored by the City of Newport’s with an award for front door decorations, in the Inn and Bed and Breakfast Category.
Christmas Activities in Newport
Whether you want to tour Newport’s elegant mansions decorated for the holidays, enjoy the sounds of the season, or join in festive events, there is no shortage of merriment in Newport this holiday season. To help you plan a memorable holiday in Newport, here is a list of some of our favorite holiday activities.
- Christmas at Newport Mansions, which features music, tours, and spectacular Christmas decorations in Newport’s most famous landmarks.
- Newport Harbor Illuminated Boat Parade, November 24, 2017.
- The Newport Nutcracker at Rosecliff
- 2017 Newport Holiday Stroll
- Bowen’s Wharf Christmas Tree Lighting, December 2, 2017
- Holiday Cabaret
- Christmas in Song by the Newport Navy Choristers
- UnDecked Halls: Behind the Scenes at Doris Duke’s Mansion in Winter, Rough Point
- Christmas at Blithewold, which features dazzling holiday decorations and a variety of festive events.
- Newport Holiday Lantern Walking Tour
- Caroling on Broadway
- Christmas on the Point
For more information regarding Newport’s incredible holiday events schedule, visit the Christmas in Newport website. Now entering into its 47th year, it features a full calendar of events and activities to celebrate the holiday season. Come celebrate Christmas in warmth and style at Newport’s Cliffside Inn. Book your room today!