Heading further into the crisp, cool months of fall reminds us to slow down, and to take stock of what’s truly important in life; relationships with those around us. This fall is the perfect time to take a look at the romantic side of Newport. NewEngland.com named the Cliff Walk one of the top 5 most romantic destinations in New England, cementing Newport’s place among top romantic destinations. Beyond strolling the Cliff Walk, there are a number of ways to show off your romantic side in Newport. The Cliffside Inn is ranked as one of the top inn’s of New England, and is the perfect romantic destination in Newport. Book your room at our luxury Bed and Breakfast today.
Romantic Places to Visit in Newport
Whether you’re planning a grand romantic overture, or just want to rekindle the flames of your relationship, there’s no where better than Newport, Rhode Island. Begin your journey at our beautifully renovated and historic Inn. We’re located in the heart of Newport’s charming historic district, and just steps from the historic Cliff Walk. There are an endless variety of ways to enjoy a romantic getaway in Newport, but here are a few of our favorite ideas to get you started:
- We’ve already mentioned Newport’s top romantic attraction, the Cliff Walk. Newport’s Cliff Walk is an extraordinary 3.5 mile journey along a rocky stretch of Rhode Island’s coastline. It is one of the best ways to glimpse the famed Mansions of Newport up close, and to enjoy Newport’s dramatic coastal beauty. The 3.5 mile trail winds its way along the edge of these incredible properties, offering incomparable views of Gilded-Age mansions like The Breakers, Rosecliff, Beechwood, Marble House, and Rough Point. 40 Steps is a particularly popular place to steal a romantic kiss!
- Enjoy a delicious dinner for two at The Whitehorse Tavern, followed by a movie at the historic Jane Pickens Theater. The theater specializes in independent films. Situated next door is the Newport Opera House Theater, which is currently undergoing renovations, soon to reopen as a performing arts venue. The Opera House Theater will make an excellent addition to Newport in the future.
- Enjoy a wine tasting together at Newport Vineyards. They often feature wonderful live music and other events, and their tasting room is open seven days a week.
- Put a little spice into your daily routine. Try a cooking class and learn a new recipe at Newport cooks. When you recreate this dish at home, you’ll always be reminded of your time in Newport.
- Enjoy catching up and reconnecting over a delicious cup of coffee at Coffee Grinder, one of Newport’s favorite local coffee shops. They always serve up authentic Italian espresso drinks and some of the best coffees in Newport; all prepared the way they were meant to be. It’s also a great place for dessert.
- Enjoy a blissful moment together with a couples massage at one of Newport’s local spas. Top choices include The Spa at Newport Marriott, or the Water Journey at Bodhi Spa. You can even enjoy a luxurious couples massage in the privacy of your own room at the Cliffside Inn. Call us at 401-375-0686 for more information.
- Enjoy an evening of live music and cocktails at local establishments, such as Newport Blues Cafe or One Pelham East. You can always stay up to date with who’s playing where by checking out What’s Up Newport. They maintain an extensive calendar of events and activities in Newport.
- Wander along the brick and cobblestone walkways of Bowen’s Wharf, the cultural and economic heart of the Newport waterfront There are wonderful shops and galleries to browse, and many incredible eateries when you need a bite to eat. Lobster rolls, clam chowder, a raw seafood bar, or just plain lobster fresh from the sea area real treat here.
At the end of the day, rest, unwind, and rekindle those romantic flames at our beautifully renovated and romantic Bed and Breakfast. Impeccable and unobtrusive hospitality is our specialty, so sit back, relax, and let us help you make the most of your time in Newport. Book your stay at the Cliffside Inn Bed and Breakfast today.