Who doesn’t love dining al fresco during the warm summer months? Outdoor dining is definitely one of our favorite parts of summer. As the hot summer days fade into cooler summer evenings, there’s nothing better than sitting outside, be it on a rooftop or a cozy seaside patio, enjoying delicious sips and bites. The coastal town of Newport is a veritable foodie paradise, and there are a number of exquisite places that offer outdoor dining throughout the summer season. Book your room at Newport’s top luxury inn, and come enjoy the fantastic evening sunset.
Newport’s Best Outdoor Dining
Delicious food and wine is always something to look forward to when on vacation. Somehow, it gets even better when there’s an extra dose of sunshine tacked on the side. There are plenty of restaurants that offer outdoor dining in Newport and surrounding towns, but here are 10 of the best places that offer both great food and beautiful outdoor dining:
- It wouldn’t be a summer dining blog without mentioning the delicious cuisine at Castle Hill, where you will enjoy some of the best views in the Newport harbor and the Atlantic Ocean. They have an elegant restaurant, but dining on their expansive lawn is a New England experience worth having. While you dine, you can enjoy sailboats (and maybe even a regatta) in the harbor below, and a magnificent sunset.
- After you have enjoyed your stroll down the Cliff Walk while in Newport, you may want to consider dining at the Cliff Walk Terrace at the Chanler. While the Chanler faces East, so there is no view of the sunset, the beautiful pink hues of the setting sun light up the town of Middletown for a truly magical view. The Chanler is also the closes dining venue to the Cliffside Inn.
- Are you a fan of oysters? Head to Mid-Town Oyster Bar. They actually have two outdoor dining destinations; one overlooking Thames Street, and one overlooking the Newport Harbor. Both are delicious and beautiful places to dine this summer.
- The panoramic views of Narragansett Bay at The Mooring are incredible, just like their fresh, local seafood. From there you can watch all the harbor activity, including incredible mega-yachts.
- Located in Bannister’s Wharf is The Black Pearl, known the world over for its delicious chowder. It’s so good that Travel & Leisure called it an “unshakable part of Newport’s cultural heritage.”
- The Lobster Bar, which is located in the historic Bowen’s Wharf, is one of the best and closest seats to Newport’s picturesque harbor. It has a relaxed and casual atmosphere and also happens to have some of the best lobster in Newport.
- The fun and trendy atmosphere at Forty 1 North is always a great way to spend an evening. The deck has great views of the Newport Bridge, and offers excellent food and drinks.
- If you’re looking for a light lunch outdoors, head to Newport Vineyards. Their farm-focused menu is delicious, and the vineyard-views spectacular. You can even enjoy a tour and tasting while you’re there.
- For a relaxing riverside view and impeccable meal, head to Tiverton and the Boat House for some locally sourced seafood and creative cocktails.
- Another great spot for oysters, over the bridge, is Matunuck Oyster Bar, in South Kingston. Here the vegetables and the oysters come right from their on-site farms. Farm to table and pond to plate.
If you’re out exploring during the day and looking for something slightly more casual, but still with that delightful waterfront ambiance, there are a few seafood shacks worth visiting. They are Flo’s Clam Shack, Evelyn’s Drive-In, or the Blount Clam Shack. Whatever it is you choose, enjoy the flavors of New England and soak up the sunshine. To enjoy all of this incredible outdoor dining this summer, book your room at our Newport Bed and Breakfast today.