If you’re looking for a fun way to getaway and experience Newport Rhode Island this summer, there’s no better place to escape to than the romantic Cliffside Inn. Newport has long been a summer playground for American’s wealthiest and most prominent families. As a result, Newport’s scenic shores are dotted with beautiful, historic mansions, many of which are visible along Newport’s famed Cliff Walk. The Cliff Walk, located just steps from our Newport Bed and Breakfast, has been listed as one of the top attractions in all of New England, and provides an unparalleled glimpse into the historic days of Newport’s past. As soon as you’ve made your plans to visit us this summer, make sure you take a look at the schedule for the Newport Music Festival. Tickets are on sale now, and make for an extraordinary addition to any summer getaway. Book your room at our Newport Bed and Breakfast today, and come celebrate the warm days of summer with us!
Newport Music Festival
The Newport Music Festival has been an iconic cultural event in Rhode Island for the past 49 years. Over those years, the festival has produced over 2000 concerts of over 1000 artists, some of them taking place in Newport’s famous historic mansions, and some in other concert venues around the city. Today’s festival has morphed from the original romantic revival of classical music, and now features a variety of composers from Bach to Bernstein, and includes a healthy selection of new works by both established and emerging composers, as well as rare discoveries of forgotten minor masterpieces. The 49th season of the Newport Music Festival runs from July 7 – 23, and will certainly be a delight for the senses. Here are just a few highlights to look forward to this season:
- This season’s Beethoven series, spread out over 14 different concerts, will present all 32 of Beethoven’s piano sonatas.
- Boston’s premiere chamber orchestra, A Far Cry, returns for another season, this year performing at The Breakers.
- Italian pianist Robert Plano returns to play Franz Liszt’s inspired Poétiques et Religieuses.
- Celebrate the centennial of American composer Scott Joplin, the “King of Ragtime Writers,” with Richard Dowling.
- Step into the world of Tango with trombonist Achilles Liarmakopoulos, and the Newport debuts of bandoneonist Hector Del Curto, bassist Pedro Giraudo, and pianist Emilio Teubal.
- Listen to the stunning music of Spanish oboist Cristina Gómez Godoy in concert with American pianist Claire Huangci.
- Enjoy the Newport debut of DanzaNova, a world/folk/fusion ensemble.
- Take in the final concert and end the Newport Music Festival in style, with a piano competition featuring 3 prize-winning pianists from the Virginia Waring International Piano Competition, performing an exciting arrangement by composer John Bayless.
Following each of these glorious summer concerts, return to the award-winning accommodations at the Cliffside Inn. Here, you’ll find the perfect blend of luxurious amenities, including whirlpool baths, spa showers, fireplaces, grand beds, and imported linens, combined with our historically refined Victorian elegance. New England’s most romantic Inn is waiting for you; book your stay at our elegant Bed and Breakfast today.