Spring is finally on the horizon here in Newport, but winter isn’t quite ready to let go yet. We know it’s not the best season to be getting outside and engaging in a little winter wanderlust in the great outdoors. But there’s certainly no reason you have to stay huddled up inside by the fire, either. March is a great time to wine and dine your way through this charming coastal town, and will certainly brighten up any getaway. Book your stay at our luxurious Newport Bed and Breakfast, and let us help you make the most out of your trip to Newport this winter.
Wine and Dine in Newport
We like to curl up by the fire with a book and a hot cup of chocolate–or maybe a warm hot toddy–just as much as the next person. However, we think embracing the winter still means finding ways to get out and be social; a chance to experience the culture of Newport. The month of March brings us the spectacular Newport Restaurant Week, which is one of the best times for foodies to be in Newport. But that’s not all March has to offer. There are plenty of fun ways to get out and wine and dine with your special someone in Newport this March. But don’t worry; the fire and hot cocoa will be waiting for you when you’re done!
- The Newport Kinsale Chef Exchange Kick Off, where we exchange chefs with our city city of Kinsale, is a great chance to try food from a variety of chefs. You’ll find delicious Irish specials at the following participating restaurants: La Forge Casino Restaurant, Malt on Broadway, Midtown Oyster Bar, Main Sail at the Newport Marriott, The Fasnet Pub and caterers McGrath Clambakes and Kitchen Companion
- Every Thursday, you can enjoy Beertasting at Christie’s. They feature a flight of local craft brews, accompanied with a light food pairing.
- Enjoy delicious 4-course dinners with Winemakers during Hotel Viking’s Wine Festival. This year, winemakers from vineyards in Sonoma and Napa California, Washington, South Africa, Italy and Germany’s Mosel Valley will collaborate with Chef Barry Correia to create four-course prix-fixe menus, each centered around a specific wine. The Festival runs from now through March 25th.
- Join us for the Newport Storm Beer Pint Night. Newport Storm Brewery‘s Spring Irish Red Ale has been named this year’s official beer for the Newport Saint Patrick’s Day Parade. This delicious Irish Brew features roasted hazelnut flavors and a mild hop finish.
- Get in touch with your inner artist while you enjoy a complimentary glass of wine at Newport Vineyard’s Paint and Palate.
- At Eating with the Ecosystem’s “School of Fish”, Rhode Island chefs will show you how to turn a whole fish into a marvelous dinner.
- A perfect way to warm up this winter is the Whiskey Dinner at Forty 1 North. Enjoy four Whiskey Tastings, accompanied by a four-course dinner specially prepared by Executive Chef Terence Feury.
- Let the wine experts at Newport Vineyards take you on a journey through Milk & Honey cheeses paired with Newport Vineyards wines.
- Eat out and find great deals during Newport Restaurant Week, which runs from March 27 – April 7.
As we mentioned above, after you’ve had your fill of wining and dining around Newport, come back to the luxurious accommodations at the Cliffside Inn. We’ll leave the fire on. We also have a spectacular wine cellar of our own, which you can enjoy in the privacy of your own room. March is a fantastic time to discover Newport. Book your stay at our luxurious Inn today.