Newport is truly a four season destination, with plenty to see and do no matter what time of year you are visiting. Instead of staying home this winter, come to Newport. There are plenty of indoor activities and cozy outdoor excursions to keep you busy and entertained. Newport is home to a variety of great museums, a vibrant arts community, plenty of historic attractions, and an exquisite food scene. Come stay at our luxurious Bed and Breakfast, and discover the myriad of ways to enjoy Newport this winter.
Newport in the Winter
For many people, winter means one thing; strapping on a pair of skis or a board and hitting the slopes. While we don’t talk about Newport in terms of vertical drop, lift capacity or snow technology, we do talk about cozy, comfortable and quaint. There are plenty of activities in Newport to keep you busy all winter long. Here are some of our favorite ways to enjoy Newport this winter:
- Enjoy 10 days of nonstop music, food, and entertainment with the annual Newport Winter Festival in February.
- Come celebrate with music, dance, and fun at Newport Vineyard’s annual Wineterfest in February.
- Step back in time as you explore the history and charm of the Newport’s exquisite Mansions.
- Take in the rugged coastal beauty of Rhode Island from the warmth of your car, as you drive along the stunning Ocean Drive.
- Watch a movie at the historic Jane Pickens Theater, which reflects New York’s Greenwich Village in its screening of independent and foreign films.
- Enjoy live music at one of the many downtown venues.
- Enjoy an intimate dinner for two at Restaurant Bouchard or The Dining Room at Castle Hill.
- Explore the incredible exhibits at the Newport Art Museum. There are several upcoming exhibitions set to open in January.
- Visit the National Museum of American Illustration, where you’ll find works of art from some of America’s most celebrated artists. Prominent artists include Norman Rockwell, N.C. Wyeth, Jessie Willcox Smith, Charles Dana Gibson, JC Leyendecker, Violet Oakley, Maxfield Parrish, and more.
- Visit the International Tennis Hall of Fame, where tennis fans can come face to face with tennis history and the legendary champions of the sport.
- Explore the Beavertail Lighthouse and Museum near Jamestown, where you’ll find a collection of information and artifacts about the history of the lighthouse; the third-oldest lighthouse in North America.
- Discover the history and architecture of Newport at the Newport History Museum.
After you’ve enjoyed all of these wonderful activities in Newport, come back to the elegant Cliffside Inn to relax by the fire. Newport in the winter is an experience you must certainly appreciate for yourself. Book your room with us today.