A Winter Getaway in Newport
Newport may not seem like an obvious winter getaway destination at first glance. For many, getaways at this time of year involve warm, sunny destinations. However, the Newport we know is simply magical during the snowy winter months. In fact, the snow only adds to the charm and beauty of this historic New England town. With this natural beauty comes a town full of interesting places to explore, a variety of shops to browse, and a top-notch restaurant scene fit for any foodie. We can think of no better place to spend a few days; book your getaway at our Newport Bed and Breakfast today.
10 Ideas for a Winter Getaway
Though summer is without a doubt the most popular time of year to visit Newport, there are plenty of reasons to book a winter getaway to this charming New England Town as well. During the winter months, you’ll find that the crowds are largely gone, leaving you free to explore and enjoy the opulence of Newport at your own pace. Here are a few great ways to enjoy your winter getaway in Newport:
- The 325-acre Norman Bird Sanctuary’s trails are open year-round. Not only is it a beautiful and relaxing place to spend a day, but they offer occasional guided walks and exceptional bird watching opportunities.
- Browse the stalls at the Armory Antique Marketplace, which is located on Thames Street.
- Enjoy some of the more popular local eats, such as The White Horse Tavern, The Stoneacre Pantry, Restaurant Bouchard, or the Brick Alley Pub.
- Relax and indulge at one of the many glorious day spas in Newport. The water journey at Bodhi Spa, which starts in a 104 degree epsom salt pool, sounds glorious on a cold winter day.
- Get a glimpse into Newport’s storied and wealthy past, with tours at Newport’s three most popular mansions: The Breakers, The Marble House, and The Elms.
- Take a romantic walk and enjoy the sweeping views of both Newport Harbor and the East Passage of Narragansett Bay from Fort Adams State Park. Sunsets here are nothing short of spectacular.
- Walk the nearby Cliffwalk, a 3.5 mile journey through Newport’s natural and architectural beauty, and one of Newport’s most famous attractions.
- Take in some live music through the Newport Music Festival’s Winter Concert Series.
- Enjoy a craft cocktail and a show at the extraordinary Jane Pickens Theater, located in the heart of historic Newport.
- Step back in time for some classic winter fun at the Newport Skating Center, an outdoor skating rink on the waterfront in downtown Newport.
Though the summer months are truly exceptional in Newport, these cold winter months hold a special kind of charm themselves. Book your winter getaway at the Cliffside Inn today, and discover the other side of beautiful Newport, Rhode Island.