If you’re looking for a classic Dickensian Christmas destination this holiday season, look no further. The special magic of the holiday season has no better home than the classic coastal city of Newport, Rhode Island. The glow of warm fires and Newport’s elegant white holiday light tradition offer an enchanting ambience to residents and visitors alike. The anticipation of Christmas, now just 11 days away, is building. Now is the perfect time to find those last minute gifts and finish off your holiday shopping lists in the quaint city of Newport. Complete your visit with a stay at our luxurious Bed and Breakfast, nestled in the heart of Newport’s historic district.
Holiday Shopping in Newport
Everywhere you look, the charm of the holiday season is on full display. From colorful holiday displays and elegantly decorated mansions, to festive shopping districts filled with local goods, everything you need to enjoy Christmas can be found in Newport. In a city that celebrates the joy of giving for an entire month, there’s plenty of great holiday shopping; you just have to know where to look. We can help with that!
- The Armory Antique Marketplace houses of 70 antiques dealers. It is an extraordinary place to find hidden treasures like jewelry, vintage clothing, nautical items, artwork, books, pottery, and other collectibles.
- The shops at Bowen’s Wharf are among the most popular in Newport. Favorites for holiday shopping include Alex & Ani, The Narragansett, The Beach House, Monelle, Soap and Water, Newport Scrimshanders, and Primavera.
- Like it’s neighbor Bowen’s Wharf, Bannister’s Wharf features a variety of wonderful shops where you’ll no doubt come away with wonderful gifts for everyone on your list. Popular stops here include the Newport Mansions Store, Tyler Böe, Brahmin, Gaastra, and Bellevue Beauty Walk.
- An often overlooked but wonderful place to find great holiday gifts is the Elizabeth Conklin Museum Shop at the Newport Art Museum.
- The Newport Restoration Foundation’s Museum Store offer’s an excellent glimpse into Newport’s history through a variety of publications about Doris Duke.
- Renowned for its high quality stationary, Papers is a surprising and wonderful destination for hard-to-find gifts.
- At Restored by Design, you’ll find incredible and one-of-a-kind pieces perfect for gifting this holiday season.
- If you’re just not sure what else to get for someone on your Christmas list, you can’t go wrong with wine or a gift certificate from Newport Vineyards.
The best gift of all can’t be found at any of the places listed above. The best gift this holiday season is time. How often do we find ourselves saying we wished we had more time to spend relaxing, and enjoying the simpler parts of life? Give the gift of time to someone you love this Christmas with a gift certificate to the stunning Cliffside Inn. With it, gift the opportunity to explore the many amazing facets of Newport.
And of course, don’t forget to make your own reservation with us, so you can take advantage of the incredible shopping in downtown Newport this holiday season.