Cliffside Inn Blog
- There’s no doubt December is a busy month in Newport! With all … Continue reading
- Tennis Week is one of Newport’s best summer events. The week of July 11 - 19 is all about the Historic Hall of Fame Tennis Championship, located at the Newport International Tennis Hall of Fame, and approximately three blocks from our Inn. Continue reading
- The weather is finally thawing, and the Newport Music Festival season is ready to start up! This year, the Newport Folk and Jazz Festivals both have jam packed lineups with great music for all. Continue reading
- Most of our posts talk about the wonderful views and activities our guests enjoy while staying at our Newport, Rhode Island inn. But we’d like to take a step back today and look inside at some of the culinary treats we offer at the inn and reveal the recipes for some of our guest favorites. Continue reading
- The National Museum of American Illustration is one of many world class … Continue reading
Nestled in the heart of the historic district, our elegantly restored Newport RI bed and breakfast is steps from the historic Cliff Walk, near quiet stretches of sand and sea, and a short walk to Newport’s restaurant and shopping districts. Our romantic Newport inn blends deluxe amenities — whirlpool baths, spa showers, fireplaces, grand beds, and imported linens — with refined Victorian elegance.
Cliffside Inn’s accommodations are housed in the stately Victorian mansion that was home to noted 20th century artist Beatrice Turner, and in the charming, dog-friendly Sea View Cottage. The formal gardens at our romantic Newport RI bed and breakfast, featuring stone walls and walking paths, form a seamless connection between the buildings’ verandas and decks. The elegant common rooms, a serene wrap-around porch, perennial gardens and a romantic outdoor fireplace invite you to relax, read a good book, enjoy a cup of tea or glass of wine, and meet new people or chat with old friends.
Our Newport RI bed and breakfast has earned an international reputation for excellence in the hospitality industry, and has won the designation as New England’s most romantic inn. Guests enjoy gracious hospitality, attentive service, epicurean delights, and special touches that distinguish our inn as one of Newport’s most sought after destinations for special occasions, weekend getaways, and extended vacations.
Our Newport RI bed and breakfast is a wonderfully restored 1876 Victorian mansion. Step inside and enjoy the refined decor, sumptuous cuisine, gracious service, and attention to detail that creates a truly memorable experience.