Cliffside Inn Blog
- Most of our posts talk about the wonderful views and activities our guests enjoy while staying at our Newport, Rhode Island inn. But we’d like to take a step back today and look inside at some of the culinary treats we offer at the inn and reveal the recipes for some of our guest favorites. Continue reading
- The National Museum of American Illustration is one of many world class … Continue reading
- If you’re a sailing enthusiast, you’ll want to check out the Herreshoff Marine Museum during your stay in Rhode Island. Learn more. Continue reading
- Founded in 1968 to restore and preserve colonial era houses by heiress Doris Duke, the Newport Restoration Foundation (NRF) is home to a collection of 18th and 19th century architectural pieces. Learn more. Continue reading
- Cliff Walk is known as one of the world’s most famous public access walking trails. Learn more about this popular Newport attraction. Continue reading
Nestled in the heart of the historic district, our elegantly restored Newport RI bed and breakfast is steps from the historic Cliff Walk, near quiet stretches of sand and sea, and a short walk to Newport’s restaurant and shopping districts. Our romantic Newport inn blends deluxe amenities — whirlpool baths, spa showers, fireplaces, grand beds, and imported linens — with refined Victorian elegance.
Cliffside Inn’s accommodations are housed in the stately Victorian mansion that was home to noted 20th century artist Beatrice Turner, and in the charming, dog-friendly Sea View Cottage. The formal gardens at our romantic Newport RI bed and breakfast, featuring stone walls and walking paths, form a seamless connection between the buildings’ verandas and decks. The elegant common rooms, a serene wrap-around porch, perennial gardens and a romantic outdoor fireplace invite you to relax, read a good book, enjoy a cup of tea or glass of wine, and meet new people or chat with old friends.
Our Newport RI bed and breakfast has earned an international reputation for excellence in the hospitality industry and has won the designation as New England’s most romantic inn. Guests enjoy gracious hospitality, attentive service, epicurean delights and special touches that distinguish our inn as one of Newport’s most sought after destinations for special occasions, weekend getaways, and extended vacations.
Our Newport RI bed and breakfast is a wonderfully restored 1876 Victorian mansion. Step inside and enjoy the refined decor, sumptuous cuisine, gracious service, and attention to detail that creates a truly memorable experience.