Cliffside Inn Blog
- Our last post revealed some of the best spots to watch sunsets in Newport, Rhode Island. One of the top spots listed was the famous Rose Island Lighthouse located right off the New England coast. Continue reading
- Home to some of the most scenic and mesmerizing sunsets on the East Coast, Rhode Island is the perfect stop for that summer sunset you’ve been searching for. Continue reading
- Are you looking for something new to do while visiting Newport…something that … Continue reading
- Rhode Island is home to five natural wildlife refuges including the “our … Continue reading
- On Saturday June 14th, 2014 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. the SVF … Continue reading
Nestled in the heart of the historic district, our elegantly restored Newport RI bed and breakfast is steps from the historic Cliff Walk, near quiet stretches of sand and sea, and a short walk to Newport’s restaurant and shopping districts. Our romantic Newport inn blends deluxe amenities — whirlpool baths, spa showers, fireplaces, grand beds, and imported linens — with refined Victorian elegance.
Cliffside Inn’s accommodations are housed in the stately Victorian mansion that was home to noted 20th century artist Beatrice Turner, and in the charming, dog-friendly Sea View Cottage. The formal gardens at our romantic Newport RI bed and breakfast, featuring stone walls and walking paths, form a seamless connection between the buildings’ verandas and decks. The elegant common rooms, a serene wrap-around porch, perennial gardens and a romantic outdoor fireplace invite you to relax, read a good book, enjoy a cup of tea or glass of wine, and meet new people or chat with old friends.
Our Newport RI bed and breakfast has earned an international reputation for excellence in the hospitality industry and has won the designation as New England’s most romantic inn. Guests enjoy gracious hospitality, attentive service, epicurean delights and special touches that distinguish our inn as one of Newport’s most sought after destinations for special occasions, weekend getaways, and extended vacations.
Our Newport RI bed and breakfast is a wonderfully restored 1876 Victorian mansion. Step inside and enjoy the refined decor, sumptuous cuisine, gracious service, and attention to detail that creates a truly memorable experience.